How to Revise Easily.



Being a student at university is not that easy, yet it is possible to excel in this academic career. You have to be serious, hard worker and autonomous. One of the suggesting ways to be qualified as a good student is to manage your time. At university, students are always in a hurry, they stress about everything and nothing, they are afraid of writing essays, research papers and exams just because they feel that they are not ready for such experiences. When I went to college for the first time, I was lost because of its architecture, rules, ways of teaching… The only way to be always updated is to be ready for everything. Thus, I had to create a study routine in which everything should be accomplished.
1.       Pre-Studying (before going to university/ morning):
The first thing that I do once I am awake is to pray and thank God for just being alive and in a good health, that I have the opportunity to study freely. I know that you will probably say that this won’t help but believe me if you remember what you already have accomplish till now you will be much more motivated to do more. Try to find time for taking your breakfast in order to stay focused during studying. I try as much as possible to revise or at least read something about the coming lectures, so that I will not feel lost. Moreover, if you already know a little about them, you will feel confidant and motivated to study more. Also, if you are not well prepared for your lectures, you will feel bored during the study sessions. Before entering to your classroom, remember that you are able to be one of the good students because you are intelligent, serious, hard worker, autonomous and ready for any essay, research paper or exam. You can surprise yourself if you want to.
2.       During Studying:
If you want to stay focused on your lectures try to sit alone. It does not mean that you are not allowed to have friends, of course you do, but it is better to be isolated, if I can say, during lecture so that you will be 100% able to focus with you professors. Another thing is to always have a notebook where you write anything that has been explained. This way you will try to search about it when you finish. I prefer notebooks rather than computers. It has been proved that writing helps the brain to remember better than typing on a keyboard. If you want to know more about how to take notes, organize them and memorize them if needed just ask me in the comments below.
          3.     Post-Studying (afternoon / at night):
The afternoon is the most essential period of your studies because you will revise, organize you lectures and also write essays and research papers if you are asked to do so. In this sense, this is the part where you should divide it. Some students start their revision once they arrive at home or campus. I, personally, prefer to take a pause where I pray (I am a Muslim so I pray five time a day), garb something to eat while talking to my boyfriend, parents or watching something on YouTube (I even try to watch videos that have a relationship with my studies). Once I finish, I can take a nap of 10 minutes if I am so tired. When it comes to revision I divided my time into Four parts. 
3.1.        Organizing my notes: I mentioned before that you can take notes during      your lectures, so what I do is to try to organize them in order to be clearer. I usually do not copy them directly. I prefer to numerate them and think about questions that have relationships with them. I circle the most important parts of my lectures, put question marks where I find difficulties. In other words, the notes are going to look like a detailed map for me. After that I take only five minutes as a break. During this break do not touch your phone because you won’t be able to go back to your studies.
3.2.         Making research about my notes: I try to go from general to specific. As a result, I start with the title of the lecture, read about its general concepts and each time I try to go deeper in my research. The best way to make research is to download books (because they are valid). There are a lot of sites where you can download them for free (if you want some sites you can leave me comments below).
3.3.         Copy my notes: When I finish my research, I copy my notes in another notebook in which I write only organized lectures. Do not throw the notes that you take during lectures once you finish coping them. They can be useful for different things such as revising or remembering something. In this sense, I always go back to them because when I look at them I can remember things that have been said and I couldn’t write. I take a break of ten minutes.
3.4.       Homework: sometimes, I start with my homework if I don’t have lot of lectures that I have to organize. However, I leave them for the end. In my to do list, I write first the urgent homework that I must submit the next day. And if I have other homework that are less important I leave them for the weekends.
     When you revise don’t push yourself too far because this will just harm both your body and brain. Find at least Five minutes between these periods to rest and eat something to gain more energy. Another thing is to always believe in yourself because everything starts from here. You are smart enough to accomplish lot of things. Moreover, revision doesn’t need a high level of intelligence or lot of work and memorization. You just have to find the right way to revise. I hope this will help you (if so please send me messages where you share with me your study routine or give me some tips that will help me to improve).
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get Ready for School/University

How to Survive to a Distance Relationship?