How to Survive Quarantine?



          Since most of us, if not all, are staying home not knowing what to do, I try to help by providing you with some ideas that can be tried out. Our routines have been changed, we have become lazier and sadder, we have lost the notion of time. We eat all the time, we only devote ourselves to sleep, and this leads us to give up on our habits, we no longer eat healthy, we sleep during the day and stay awake at night surfing on the internet, hoping to forget this living nightmare. Well, the whole world is stuck in the same situation, people should be aware of this danger, and if I can help to convince you to stay home, I will be more than happy to do it. I'm the kind of Persons who love spreading positivity, try to push people to get to know themselves, and to evolve most importantly. Therefore, there are million things to do right now, among them these 10 things:

1. Try to make peace with yourself:
By this I mean accept, love and forgive yourself. Try to be a better person. Don't do it for others because it won't matter as much as if you do it for you. Staying at home the whole time helps you to think about lot of things. Sometimes, we feel sad for no reason, we start to blame ourselves about mistakes that have happened in the past. I deeply believe that all humans tend to make mistakes, we are all sinners in one way or another. If God forgives, who are we to not do it? Forgiving people is one way to be peaceful.
2. Try new things:
When you get to know yourself, you will discover new things about you such as hidden talents, good habits and hobbies. Read books (by the way if you want me to recommend some books just leave me a comment below). Once I was discussing with a friend of mine how books have helped me when I was passing through a mental breakdown, and she told me that she had never understood how people can be devoted to reading rather than watching movies which is much more easier according to her. Well, the thing is so simple, although movies are clearer, they limit our imagination. For instance, when I read the "Great Gatsby", I was not aware of the movie, as a result, I have pictured the characters as I wanted, I used my imagination freely. Later on, I have found out that the movie lucks a lot of things that were mentioned in the novel. To put it in simpler words books allow us to be free, to be imaginative and most importantly when you read you won't be able to think about all the negative thoughts. In addition to books, you can draw, take pictures, try new recipes which can be a good therapy. I usually, feel happy when I try a new recipe, and I succeed in doing it. 
3. Create debatable discussions with the members of your family:
Generally speaking, this concerns especially people who study or work because we usually tend to loose temper, and understand thing in a wrong way. Learn how to discuss, how to accept others' opinions and beliefs, learn how to construct strong arguments.
4. Take care of yourself: 
You need no one to take care of you, you can do it by your own. One way to take care of you is to make healthy breakfast which includes all what you love to eat, drink more water in order to stay hydrated, practice sport or yoga, take baths,  drink tea, create a skin care routine, wear makeup if you want to, get rid of PJs, and try to wear something confortable but not pyjamas.
5. Clean your house:
Create cleaning routines. Personally, I consider cleaning as a therapy that helps me to get rid of all the negative energy that arounds me. I usually feel much more relaxed once I see my house clean and it smells good, light candles, open your windows to let fresh air enters to your house.
6. Set new goals: 
We all have set goals for this season, and with the spread of the virus everything has been cancelled. Well, first of all I'm sorry for you guys, I wish this never happened, but it is life and we have to cope with it. In this case, there's something to do which is setting new goals. They can be short term goals such as reading one chapter of your favorite book every day, or long term ones like waking up early. It doesn't matter if you don't achieve all of them at least you try to do it.
7. Don't give up on your studies: 
If you're studying although things are not clear, try to study, prepare yourself because now or later you will go back to your school/university. Try to finish your syllabus at home, at least you'll be prepared. If you don't study you can learn something new like a new language or a new specialty.
8. Work on your skills:
These skills can be related to languages as much as they can be other skills. For instance, my specialty is linguistics and applied linguistics, and one of the main things in my specialty is how to teach a second language (L2). As a result, I try to develop both my listening and speaking skills in order to facilitate the process of teaching.
9. Help others: 
Even if you are stuck at home, you can help your family, a friend in need and people (especially through social media). Foe example, you make people aware of their importance of staying home, and what they may do to cope with the situation. Trust me when you help someone , you will feel happy because you contribute in spreading positivity and goodness.
10. Wake up early: 
A fresh start means a positive and productive day. Although you are staying at home, you can benefit from it as much as possible. When you wake up early, you will find time to be productive.

          I, personally, don't do all of them. I'm still working on the achievement of at least 7 of them, but I don't give up. Each day I try a new thing, read a new chapter, pray on time, read Quran (since I am a muslim), practice yoga... I hope this would help you.
Please, leave me in the comments below what are the things that you are currently doing during quarantine so that we benefit from each other. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Revise Easily.

How to Get Ready for School/University

How to Survive to a Distance Relationship?